Mark Pierrepont, as ever, has kindly had a close look at each of the greyhounds for sale in Sunday’s Hove sale and has made some of his own comments to help guide potential buyers.
(1) Eilies Hawk – not a single mark on this unraced August 2020 bitch pups’ card. Nicely bred from a dam who won open races on the track and has already produced winners to Good News in her maiden litter. Hawk’s sire Gaytime Hawk has been drastically under used in his stud career so far but has produced the likes of Clona Hawk and Gaytime Milo in a very limited amount of mating’s. Hawk is a lovely blue bitch with her whole career ahead of her and with the hard work of rearing and schooling done is sure to prove a very useful addition to her new connections kennel.
(2) Eilies Choice – exact same comments apply for ‘Choice’ as per her sister ‘Hawk above with the exception that ‘Choice’ is a black girl as opposed to the blue of Hawk.
(3) Perfecto Paws – stunningly bred and looking white and black June 2020 pup out of the 2017 Category One Bresmed Northern Sprint Winner Mashmad Eyebrows. Already ‘Eyebrows’ has open class offspring on the tracks from previous litters the pick of which looks at this stage to be Ela Supremo who is burning up the sprint division in Ireland at the moment and is the talk of the land. Only the absolute cream of the sprint division break the magical 21 second barrier for Dundalk’s 400yrd trip but that’s exactly what ‘Supremo’ did when stopping the clock in 2097 in his third-round heat of the Bar One Racing Sprint Cup this year. Numerous other top-class runs have followed with the latest being a superb 3 length success in the prestigious Fair Warrior Final at Mullingar where he crossed the finish line 3 lengths ahead of his nearest rival in a sensational 2114. A son of Droopys Sydney the most talked about and successful sire in many years Paws has every chance of becoming a major success on the track himself. Sure to attract huge attention in the sales ring.
(4) Hedge Runner – this 28th August 2020 blue bitch doesn’t have a mark on her card. Sired by Ballymac Bolger and out of Ferndale Rolymo a bitch who won top grade races over 575m at Romford and open class over 750m. Bred to stay this youngster is fully schooled and ready to provide her new connections with plenty of enjoyment over the next few years.
(5) Cnoc Tommy – the last of this promising Laughil Blake x Bright Ella litter to hit the track but maybe the most promising of them all. His lightly raced littermates have all visited the winner’s podium and are showing huge promise. Full brother Kilballyowen Boy recently rattled off a hattrick around the tough Galway circuit landing a 575yrd A3 Final in the process. ‘Tommy’ himself has been over the four-bend trip once but ran out a wide margin winner of a 2-dog trial at Limerick in a super 2925 over 525yrds. A hugely promising type who looks all set to enjoy a very successful career on the track.
(6) Dixies Princess – young October 2019 bitch out of Australian Sire Out Of Range. Stunning debut win around Limerick when leading all the way in 2926. A talented girl with an engine and interesting breeding lines that could mark her out as a future brood prospect.
(7) Alien Weasel – see sister Alien Delight below
(8) Alien Delight – breeding doesn’t get much better. ‘Delight’ being an unraced April 2020 bitch pup from the Lifes Beauty dam line. Could be anything on the track with all of the rearing and schooling already complete but without any doubt one that breeding enthusiasts will have a close eye on.
(9) Mystical Harry – unraced son of Mystical Moll who is a full sister to the superstar greyhound Magical Bale amongst many other top class competition greyhounds. Sired by Droopys Jet ‘Harry’ has just the one trial on his card when recording 2952 around Limerick. A huge puppy who weighed in for that trial at 93lb and being just a March 2020 pup he can do nothing but improve for many months to come and looks sure to be well suited by galloping circuits such as that of today’s venue.
(10) Mystical Tig – full brother to ‘Harry’ detailed above and again absolutely huge potential. Weighed in slightly below his brother at a ‘mere’ 88lb for the sole trial on his card which was a sensational 2912 effort around Limerick. Looks destined for open class.
(11) Moanteen Breeze – unraced September 2020 bitch pup out of a full sister to the sensational 2020 English Derby Finalist Southwood Jet. Recorded 3090 around Limerick in the only four bend trial on her card. A promising type with all of the hard work done.
(12) Moanteen Rita – full sister to ‘Breeze’ detailed above and on trial form so far has the beating of her sister as detailed when beating her off by fully 12 lengths in 3008 in the aforementioned trial at Limerick. Looks sure to win plenty and could be absolutely anything.
(13) Moyola Sox Ban – a young December 2019 bitch who looks destined for a career competing in good class bitch competitions. Very lightly raced and already has a 2884 winning effort on the card around Shelbourne Park. Plenty of all-round pace and will likely warrant plenty of attention in the ring.
(14) Moyola Oir – April 2020 bitch pup who run out an impressive winner on career debut at Derry when stopping the clock in 1707 over the 300yrd trip. Dam Yahoo Amelia is closely related to some very nice types including Coolavanny Pet and Skywalker Rafa amongst many others.
(15) Turna Tina – dam Steely Dynasty was a top-grade performer around Dundalk. ‘Tina’ is a June 2020 bitch pup who though well beaten around Youghal in the sole start of her career still has plenty of improvement to come. Should prove to be a valuable grader.
(16) Newinn Ninja – unraced son of Magical Bale who being just an October 2020 whelp will improve massively on anything he does in the coming weeks and months. From one of the leading breeding and rearing establishments in Ireland.
(17) Alien Poacher – not a mark on this unraced April 2020 bitch pups’ card and another from the Lifes Beauty dam lime. Huge potential both on the track and in the breeding paddocks further down the line.
(18) Alien Bleu – Blue bitch pup and full sister to ‘Poacher’ detailed above with similar comments applying.
(19) Perfecto Ollie – July 2020 dog pup who recorded 2958 around Limerick in the only trial on his card. Mother El Nada is closely related to many open class performers. Looks sure to be winning plenty of races in the higher grades at least.
(20) Belmullet Beauty – unraced April 2020 son of Yahoo Tina who has produced the likes of regular UK open race winner Rockmount Ozzy in previous litters. Just the one mark on ‘Beauty’s’ card which was a 3068 effort in a recent trial around Limerick.
(21) Holycross Bell – stunning dark brindle girl from the debut litter of Swift Barbie who was a regular A1 winner around Belle Vue and open race winner around Sheffield. Just the one mark on ‘Bell’s’ card when winning a four-bend trial around Thurles by fully 10 lengths in 2970.
(22) Holycross Charm – full sister to ‘Bell’ as detailed above and an impressive wide margin winner of the only trial on her card when recording 2962 around Thurles.
(23) Ballintemple Man – strong running son of Droopys Jet who gained the first victory of his career on his most recent start when coming from the back of the pack to win by 2 1/2 lengths in 2926 in a Cork A4. Looks all set to be ideally suited to a strong galloping track such as today’s venue where he will no doubt be competing in the higher grades and could well be suited in time by a step up in trip.
(24) Serenity Bruno – son of Ballymac Vic who showed huge potential on his debut and so far only start of his career in at Clonmel recently. After missing the break and suffering crowding between the first two bends he went on to show big pace from halfway and running in the style of a sure-fire future winner. Just a March 2020 whelp and sure to prove a valuable addition to any kennel here in the UK.
(25) Move Over Abi – stunning white and blue August 2020 bitch pup with just the one mark on her card being a 2993 effort around Limerick. Full sister to the first two lots on todays card and has an equal amount of untapped potential.
(26) Drumcove Prince – dam Mays Magician never quite got to fullfill her undoubted promise on the track having suffered a carrer ending injury in just her fifth career start. Prior to that has broken the 29 second barrier on each of her four career starts and reached the final of the Red Mills and NTSC Open Unraced Bitch Final at Newbridge. ‘Prince’ has just two marks on his card and ran out a super 2 1/2 length winner of the last of those in his first run over four bends when clocking 2946 around Limerick. Taking a middle to wide course throughout he looks a talented type.
(27) Moyloa Busy Beag – December 2019 daughter of Droopys Jet who maybe qualified for racing too quickly for her own good. Has been set some tough questions in her career to date but has some fair efforts on her card including a 2912 effort around Shelbourne. Looks the type who will be well suited by a fresh start here in the UK and given a chance to progress steadily through the grades could well turn into a very nice and potentially good value purchase.
(28) Hatmore Fiadh – strong running daughter of Droopys Sydney x Yahoo Amelia who being just a April 2020 whelp has most of her career ahead of her. Has already won from behind around Shelbourne in 2921 and latterly run third beaten just three lengths behind a 2891 winner. ‘Fiadh’ has plenty of potential and at this stage it’s difficult to predict when her improvement will stop.
(29) Beaming Gosford – Unraced June 2020 son of Droopys Sydney x Beaming Coyote. ‘Coyote’ was a super stayer in Ireland reaching the finals of the Barrys Tea and Corn Cuchulainn in 2016 as well as the 750yrd final on Night Of Stars in the same year. ‘Coyote’s’ offspring from previous litters all showing the same stamina laden battling qualities of their mother and winning races at good level. ‘Gosford’ being by Droopys Sydney should prove to be a strong reliable runner. Just the one mark on his card which was a 1991 trial effort over a totally unsuitable but educational 350yrd’s at Limerick. Will improve massively for experience and a true four bend trip and maybe even further in time. A very interesting type.
(30) Beaming Dubai – full brother to ‘Gosford’ detailed above. Being an 80lb pup will need time and can debut effort around Kilkenny can be written off after missing the break badly and subsequently encountering all kinds of trouble. Should progress into a decent grader.
(31) Holycross Enable – unraced October 2019 daughter of Swift Barbie who ran out a wide margin winner of the sole trial on her card recording 2983 at Thurles. Looks a very nice prospect.
(32) Holycross Dolly – full sister to ‘Enable’ and another who was an impressive winner of the only trial on her card. ‘Dolly’ stopped the clock in 2973 at Thurles winning her trial by fully ten lengths.
(33) Churchstreet Lass (ex – Castleview Queen) – blue bitch pup from the debut July 2020 litter of True Survivor. Beaten just three lengths when recording 1887 Thurles over 330yrds in the only trial on her card.
(34) Make You Smile – unraced coursing bred bitch. Brindle girl weighing in at 75lb. Not much to go off and trial will provide clues.
(35) Aulton Messi – son of Kinloch Brae who is a winner of two of his eight career starts. A hugely impressive winner last time out around Galway when destroying his A6 opposition by fully 11 1/2 lengths in 2898. Is sure to be harshly treated on Irish soil for that and looks sure to benefit from a fresh start here in the UK where he looks destined for a career in the higher grades if not maybe even at minor open class.
(36) Beaming Duchess – wide running girl with 3 wins on the card already including a A0 win in 2883 around Drumbo Park at the end of last month. A very pacey girl who will win plenty in the high grades and bitches races before possibly embarking on a brood career in the future. Nice type.
(37) Alien Mirage – another unraced girl from the April 2020 litter of Laughil Blake x Lifes A Beauty. Trial will be informative but looks sure to become a useful grader at the least.
(38) Alien Snogger – full sister to ‘Mirage’ and similar comments apply.
(A) Warwick Avenue (ex – Incredible Drew) – four-time race winner on Irish soil including a sensational 2856 effort when destroying A3 opposition by 6 lengths around Shelbourne only last month. A real pacey greyhound who is sure to be competing at a high level here in the UK.
(B) Glengar Holly (ex – Burgess Skippy) – full sister to the 2020 English Puppy Derby Finalist Puff The Tiger. ‘Holly’ herself a winner around Limerick last month when coming from well off the pace to win going away by 3 1/2 lengths in 2914. Looks a nice type who should pay her way at any track here in the UK both over four bends and maybe even a little further.
(C) Bockos Newman (ex – Putmeinbilly) – black dog with a massive engine and plenty of early pace. Reached the semi-final of the Munster Juvenile Cup at Clonmel earlier this month recording a sensational 2869 in his first-round heat. After being eliminated from the Juvenile he has since won in always led fashion around Clonmel in 2882. Newman has numerous other top-class efforts to his name and stopped the clock in 2886 last time out at Shelbourne.