As ever, Mark Pierrepont has been busy looking at the catalogue for the Towcester ‘Puppy Derby’ Sale due to be held on Saturday 9th October and has made his own comments:
This looks to be a real high class sales with plenty of potential Open Class greyhounds entered. Trials start at 10am on the day and there should be plenty of interest both at the track itself and online with the auction estimated to start at 12:30.
(1) Digit Girl – Lovely looking light brindle girl who showed a good attitude to win from behind over the 325-yard trip at Newbridge last time out. Pulled well clear to the pick-up and though running over the sprint trip today there is every reason to believe the shorter four bend trips around the likes of Crayford and Romford would also be within her compass if not further.
(2) Brewers Droop – Just a March 2020 baby and still looked in need of experience when finishing second on her last start at Enniscorthy. Paced up well on that occasion but was took out of her stride at the first bend and lost position. Stayed on well late to take second and should prove to be a solid grader with time on her side.
(50) Perfecto Best – lightly schooled April 2020 baby with his whole career ahead of him. Not a mark on his card and can do nothing but improve for sometime to come. All the hard work done and likely to prove a bargain buy for new connections
(4) Perfecto Toby – lightly schooled greyhound with bundles of improvement in the locker. Not a mark on this white and blue dogs card but litter sister Perfecto Diva got her career off to the best possible start when winning on debut at Central Park in D2 company last week in a more than decent 1668. Should prove a shrewd purchase for new connections with all the hard work of rearing already done and the whole of his career ahead of him.
(5) Killagoley Mia – Unraced March 2020 bitch with just the one mark on her card when winning a 2 dog 350-yard trial around Enniscorthy in 1929.
(6) Slaneyside Hughy – Unraced May 2020 dog pup who finished second beaten 3 lengths by Mia in the aforementioned 350-yard trial around Enniscorthy. Dam Slaneyside Cool has produced numerous high grade and open class performers within previous litters. Breeding suggests Hughy will have no problem with any four-bend trip in the UK and maybe further with age.
(7) Avongate Bergo – Stunningly bred young pup out of a top-grade winning Kilkenny bitch and half-sister to the likes of Droopys Curio. Already an A4 winner around Waterford and showed super early pace on his career debut when stopping the clock in 2911. Brother Monster Hulk already winning races around Newbridge and Galway in the higher grades. This looks a real promising litter and Bergo looks destined to prove a shrewd purchase for new connections.
(8) Diegos Duchess – Droopys Jet bitch with good early pace and see’s out four bends well. Has been asked some tough questions after recording 2939 Limerick on just the second start of her career. That’s probably worked against her in races since and a fresh start on the UK graded scene should soon see her on the winner’s podium. Litter brother Diego Ty is currently burning up the track in D1 company at Central Park where at the time of writing he has 6 wins on his CV including 5 in top grade.
(9) At Ease – September 2019 youngster with just two races on his card including a super winning debut effort when recording 2907 around Cork. Missed the kick as to be expected on debut but soon showed huge pace to the bend to lead and go clear down the back straight. Still looked to have big improvement in the locker and recorded 2917 around Shelbourne in a trial only last week. Looks sure to win plenty of races at any track over here and his early pace will prove invaluable to those liking their money in front.
(10) Finessed – Unraced June 2020 lady with just 3 official trials on her card including 2980 Shelbourne on her sole effort over 4 bends. Dam Dolcino Rose has thrown numerous top grade and open class offspring and will be interesting to see how this unraced lady performs on the day against a more experienced rival.
(11) Forge Gold – Unraced March 2020 pup who looks a really exciting prospect. An impressive 3 length winner of his only trial over 4 bends so far when recording 2964 around Waterford. Could progress into absolutely anything and has the whole of his career ahead of him.
(12) Unknown Lady – January 2020 bitch pup who couldn’t have been any more impressive when winning at the tough Youghal circuit late in August in 2961. Looks an ideal type for the UK graded scene and should more than pay her way.
(13) Perfecto Bruno – son of Laughil Blake and couldn’t have done much more when winning the only trial on his card in 2958 around Waterford’s 525-yard trip. All the hard work with rearing and schooling done and sure to win plenty.
(14) Perfecto String – son of 2018 Irish Bitch Of The Year Vancouver and being just a June 2020 whelp has a massive amount of improvement still to come.
(15) Neddys Orange – backed up some promising trial efforts when easily winning on his debut at Thurles by fully 5 lengths in 2927. Slowly into stride he showed massive gears to the corner to lead round and really opened up along the back straight. A January 2020 pup who is eligible for the upcoming Puppy Derby, he looks an exciting type.
(16) Healys Road – unraced son of Killinan Rosie who won the 2017 Race Of Champions at Tralee. Weighing in at 80lb this November 2019 whelp has been given plenty of time to mature yet recorded an excellent 2936 at Shelbourne in so far the only 4 bend trial on his card.
(17) Tromora Rain – hugely exciting unraced bitch pup who being just a July 2020 whelp has any amount of improvement still to come. Despite her young age recorded 2930 Thurles in just the second 4 bend trial of her life. Looks destined for the open class scene here in the UK.
(18) Tromora Jack – full brother to ‘Rain’ and plenty to find to catch her up on the clock yet based on his 2 Irish trials but at 80lb weight and being so young he can do nothing but improve for some time yet.
(19) Foxwood Hondo – son of Laughil Blake who is doing nothing but improve in recent outings. Showed massive improvement between two recent Galway wins and improved again in a recent Shelbourne trial when stopping the clock in 2868.
(51) Mahogany Rocky (ex – Emers Rocky) – super looking blue dog with great early pace. A two time winner including an impressive always led 2892 around Clonmel in August off the back of a sensational 286 split.
(21) Rossie Plaza – promising unraced April 2020 bitch pup out of a Nottingham open race winner. Stopped the clock in 2939 Enniscorthy in just the second 4 bend trial of her career.
(22) Rossie Wow – sister to ‘Plaza’ and a winner of the only two 4 bend trials on her card including an impressive 2937 Enniscorthy in her most recent outing.
(23) Perfecto Away – unraced April 2020 bitch pup and a winner of the only two 4 bend trials on her card including 3027 Waterford. Should prove to be a valuable grader at any track in the UK.
(24) Perfecto Buick – unraced full brother to ‘Away’ and recorded 3013 Waterford in the only 4 bend trial on his card.
(25) Barneys Road – open class son of Droopys Sydney who though yet to win in an 8-race career has run with credit against some top-class animals. Had 2845 and 2850 recorded around Limerick before he’d lined up in a competitive race and looks sure to prove a valuable addition to anybody intending on competing in opens around the UK.
(26) Ballygloss Holly (ex – Bogger Holly) – wide running bitch who looks sure to be competing at open class here in the UK. A three-time race winner on Irish soil with a 2995 race win over Shelbourne’s 550-yard trip and recently stopped the clock in 2859 over 525 yards at Limerick.
(27) Anfield Road – unraced June 2020 British Bred bitch pup from the debut litter of open race winning London Nights. Nights being a daughter of Terminator who has produced category one offspring including British Bred star Denmark.
(28) Edward Em – unraced British Bred full brother to ‘Anfield Road’ detailed above.
(29) Rocket Ron – unraced British Bred full brother to ‘Anfield Road detailed above.
(30) Classy Twister – nice looking black and white youngster with just 3 races on his card and a winner of his last 2 in 2955 and 2960 around Clonmel. Wide runner and see’s out the four bends well.
(31) Mustang Floyd – very promising unraced April 2020 blue dog pup who was a wide margin winner of his most recent 525-yard trial at Clonmel in 2940. Looks sure to be competing in at least the higher grades at any track here in the UK and could progress further being so young and inexperienced.
(32) Russian Sammy (ex – Silverhill Sammy) – looks set to be one of the most popular lots at the sale having already won 2 races around Clonmel from just 8 career races stopping the clock in 2890 on both occasions. A 2850 trial over 525 yards around Shelbourne only last week really takes the eye though and sure to be competing in open class here in the UK.
(33) Cougars Hero – lightly raced youngster whose card leaves plenty of room for improvement but given his size he’s plenty of time to come forward yet.
(34) Forge Cain – unraced March 2020 dog pup who was really impressive when winning a 2 dog 525-yard trial around Waterford last week by 6 lengths in 2958. Looks an exciting prospect with any amount of improvement still to come.
(35) Thruppence Penny – strong running bitch with wins on the card over both 4 and 6 bends. Sure to prove a useful and versatile addition to new connections.
(36) Jumeirah Lola – lightly raced youngster with a come from behind 2962 win on the card at Galway and a good effort in defeat when recording 2939 at the same venue last time out.
(37) Glengar Manus – son of Ballymac Best with just the sole start on his card when finishing 5th beaten 4 lengths in 2917 Limerick. Maybe not lived up to the high expectations of connections on Irish soil but should prove to be a solid high-level grader here in the UK.
(38) Romantic Mary – stunning 70lb weight fawn coursing bred bitch who at April 2020 has a long career ahead of her.
(52) Mahogany Benji (ex – Emers Benji) – two time winner including when crossing the line some 3 1/2 lengths clear of his nearest rival at Clonmel on 10th September in 2916 off the back of a lightning quick 286 split. Beaten twice since but the early pace and trapping ability has still been evident with 283 and 285 splits respectively.
(40) Reggie Rua – massively exciting prospect with just 2 runs on the card and an impressive winner of the second of those when crossing the line some 3 1/2 lengths clear of his nearest rival in 2868 at Shelbourne. Dam Corduff Flame produced the 2019 Irish Derby Finalist Our Surprise and this lad looks destined to be competing in open competitions here in the UK.
(41) Lockdown – strong running black and white dog who is a 4-time race winner on Irish soil and twice a winner in A1 company over 550 yards at Shelbourne. Sure to win plenty in good class here in the UK.
(42) Moanteen Candy – very exciting unraced July 2020 bitch pup who looks destined for a top-class career on the track but has all the hall marks of becoming a fantastic future brood. Recorded 2941 in just the second 4 bend trial of her life at Limerick last week.
(43) Moanteen Ava – full sister to ‘Candy’ and similar comments apply. Stopped the clock in 2957 over 525 yards at Limerick last week.
(44) Braveheart Bella – super looking blue and white bitch whose dam Glengar Badminton has produced top grade and open class offspring in her first litter. Bella stopped the clock in 2952 on what was the first 525-yard trial of her life in August. Looks all set to enjoy a fruitful career in good class here in the UK.
(45) Jumeirah Emms – lightly raced young bitch who was an impressive 6 length winner on career debut over Galway’s 350-yard trip. Noted staying on well in defeat in a couple of mid-grade races at the same venue recently over 525 yards.
(46) Forge Boss – unraced March 2020 dog pup who showed great early when winning a 2-dog trial over 300 yards at Waterford in August and has since clocked 2996 over 525 yards at Enniscorthy.
(53) Risk A Lot – stunning looking black and white dog pup who won around Enniscorthy on Monday on just the second start of his career in 2908. Just a February 2020 whelp and sired by Good News he’s sure to improve for racing. In extremely wet and windy conditions Risk A Lot tied up badly in the latter stages suggesting that with fitness this is a dog who would be going well under 29 seconds and into open class in the coming weeks and months. Litter brother Ritzy Rapid was 2 from 2 in Ireland including a super 2889 Enniscorthy and he made his UK debut in open class at Romford recently. A fantastic prospect.
(48) Offthe Line Sham (ex – Jumeirah Oscar) – experienced youngster with high grade success on the card at both Shelbourne and Galway. Looks sure to prove a solid purchase and one for those looking for a greyhound who will immediately know his job and how to deliver.
(49) Quizmaster Eddie – strong running greyhound with 5 wins on the card at Newbridge and more recently Shelbourne Park. Competes at a high graded level and has won over both 4 and 6 bends.